Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Magic Knot Release Day!



After months of waiting, the moment has finally arrived.

Today is the official release date of my American Title IV winning paranormal romance THE MAGIC KNOT!!

I’m delighted (and relieved) that the book has received some wonderful reviews. Here are just a few of the fantastic comments reviewers have made.

“THE MAGIC KNOT is a quick-moving romance filled with action, intrigue and memorable characters. This is a book that will have readers hoping it's the start of a series!”
—Fresh Fiction

“If this is Helen Scott Taylor's debut novel, I just can't wait to see what she writes next. Definitely a new auto-buy author for me. I highly recommend this story to all lovers of magic.”
—ParaNormal Romance

“Helen Scott Taylor's debut novel, The Magic Knot, is simply fantastic.”
—WeWriteRomance


Back Cover Copy From The Magic Knot

HE’S A BIKER WITH AN ATTITUDE

What woman wouldn’t be attracted to Niall O’Connor’s soft Irish brogue and dark good looks? But Rosenwyn Tremain must find her father, and she isn’t going to let a sexy, stubborn Irishman and his motorcycle distract her. Rose’s intuition tells her he’s hiding something, a secret even the cards cannot divine. Her tarot deck always reads true, but how can one man represent both Justice and Betrayal?

SHE’S A WOMAN ON A MISSION

Magic. Niall’s body tingles with it when he finds the woman snooping in his room. Rosenwyn might believe she’s a no-nonsense accountant, but her essence whispers to him of ancient fairy magic that enslaves even as it seduces. Her heritage could endanger those he’d die to protect, but her powers and her passion, if properly awakened, might be the only thing that can save both their families, vanquish a fairy queen bent on revenge, and fulfill a prophecy that will bind their hearts together with…THE MAGIC KNOT

Short Excerpt of The Magic Knot

Rose Tremain sat on the chair before Niall’s desk, his Magic Knot cradled in her palm. She swayed slightly, her eyes dazed and dreamy. His nerves sparked. Need for her struck like lightning. He managed to suck in air, to ruthlessly crush the feeling until his body calmed.

So, he had been right. Rose Tremain was more dangerous than she appeared. She’d been sent to enslave him by capturing his stones. If she thought he’d give in easily, she had another think coming.

Silently, he walked forward and closed his hand over hers. His vision blurred at the whip of sensation. Too late, he realized his mistake in touching her. Gritting his teeth, he fought the mental pull as she sucked his very essence through their joined hands into a deep hidden part of her that whispered of ancient magic and mystery.

Niall snatched up his Magic Knot and stumbled back. His breath came in short gasps as he stared at her in shock. Rose was the Cornish pisky Tristan wanted. How had she stopped them from sensing the truth about her? That deception alone proved she was up to no good.

Slowly, her green eyes focused on him. Confusion set tiny creases between her delicate brows, then surprise chased them away. She slapped a hand over her mouth.

“Aye, be afraid, little thief,” he whispered. “You’ll pay dearly for your deception before I’m done with you.”

To read the first two chapters of The Magic Knot go to http://www.helenscotttaylor.com/ and click on the excerpt link on the home page.

10 comments:

Lexie O'Neill said...

Helen,
I'd already planned on taking my son to B & N this weekend to spend a Christmas gift card. Now, I have a reason for me to spend money on me! I can't wait to read it!
Lexie

Helen Scott Taylor said...

Thanks, Lexie. I'd love to visit a book shop and see the book on the shelf. I hope you find The Magic Knot.

Helen

Mona Risk said...

Congratulations Helen. I am so proud of you and can't wait to have you sign a copy for me. By the way, I posted about The Magic Knot on my blog today.

Helen Scott Taylor said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mona. I'll go over and check out your blog.

Helen

Evonne Wareham said...

Congratulations Helen. A very big day - and from the reviews, the first of many.
Now - which way to the champagne?

Trish Milburn said...

Yay, Helen! Here's some party confetti and horn tooting to celebrate.

Everyone, I've got an interview with Helen up over at the Romance Bandits blog today. Swing by and check it out.

http://romancebandits.blogspot.com/

Helen Scott Taylor said...

Thanks Evonne,

I should have champagne. I didn't think about it. Too much on my mind!

Helen Scott Taylor said...

The interview seems to be getting a good response Trish. Thanks for having me at Romance Bandits today.

Helen

Savanna Kougar said...

Hi Helen, huge congratulations. I read your two chapters a while back...fantastic.
And your fantastic excerpt here.
I'll have to order your the Magic Knot soon.

Joan Leacott said...

Hi Helen,

Congratulations on your release of the wonderderful story of The Magic Knot. It's been a rough road, but you traveled it in style. I'm proud to know you. Hugs, Joan