Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Un-Magical Faux Paw ~ Baby Aru

Oh, the embarrassing shame of it all...*shakes head sadly at herself*. I missed him, Baby Aru peeking through the ‘S’ at the end of ‘Falls’ on my cover art for When a Good Angel Falls.
Bekki Lynn, Siren author of Psychic Hitch and A Last Glass of Wine, found my pup character with her blessedly sharp eyesight, and mentioned him on the Siren-BookStrand Loop.
Otherwise, I would still be blissfully gazing at my passionately embracing heroine and hero...at my hero’s black transparent cherub wings...and at the amazing font Jinger Heaston used for the title. Yes, blissfully gazing does describe it.
Take a look for yourself. You’ll see Baby Aru’s tiny dark eyes and his little black nose. My hero, Volcano, discovers the homeless pup while on an angelic mission to New York City. Rescuing him after a massive explosion, which Volcano’s sparks to save the city and stop another interfering angel, he brings the ‘baby’ back to Sedona, knowing the pup is just what she needs.
Honestly, when I began writing this story I had no plan for a pup character, or any specific animal character. I certainly had no idea Baby Aru would show up. It was one of those happy, happy writing surprises. There he was, the little guy, suddenly alive on my written page. And then, alive in Sedona’s arms.
I’d by lying if I didn’t admit a tear or two fell on my cheeks at that point in the story. Some of you know – try to keep writing while the tears are dripping on your keyboard, and you’re sniffling.
Yeah, sappy about my own story. And, you know what, it still gets to me.




Blurb: When a Good Angel Falls ~ Release date: August 13, 2008 ~ BookStrand.com
Winter Solstice, December 21, 2012 – The end of the Mayan Calendar
What happens when a world weary, worn out incarnated angel, Sedona, who believes she is merely human has three choices after her old van breaks down? Let the Nazerazzi squad of the North American Union capture her and force her into a FEMA concentration camp? Walk out into the Arizona night desert, let the wildlife have a good meal, with the hope her death will be quick? Or does Sedona trust the mysterious stranger suddenly before her? Handsome as sin and all in black, he emerges from the darkness astride a super-speed black motorcycle.
Is he her savior from the brutal hell of end times, or is he a roving cult member of the New World Order, hunting his next blood sacrifice?
Sent from heaven to help her save humanity, Zerr Dann knows the Divine is playing its last card on Earth.

3 comments:

Mel Hiers said...

Look at that sweet doggie face! Bekki's got some good eyes there. :-D

Savanna Kougar said...

Hey Mel, doesn't she?
I'd asked in the cover art questionnaire for the pup to be included on the cover...and he was!

Mel Hiers said...

That's awesome! Happy release day, by the way!!! I forgot to say that earlier. :-D Don't know where my brain went to!